Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dovi @ Qatar 2011

Yemen said it has intercepted financial transfers made through Qatar to fund opposition to its government and is warning the tiny Gulf country to stop supporting the strife.

“The authorities have discovered transactions made through Qatar and the mediator in this is our former ambassador (in Cairo) Abdulwali al-Shumeiri,” deputy information minister Abdo al-Janadi told AFP.

“We call onto Qatar… to stop financially supporting rifts inside Yemen’s army and to work instead on (backing) the country’s security and stability,” said Janadi.

AFP reports:

Embattled President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who is recovering in Saudi Arabia from wounds sustained in a blast that hit his presidential palace in Sanaa, accused Qatar in April of a “conspiracy” against his country.

He also accused it of “funding chaos” throughout several Arab countries rocked by a wave of protests that toppled regimes in Tunisia and Egypt, inspiring similar uprising in other countries including Yemen…

Despite strong Western and Arab Gulf pressure, Saleh has repeatedly refused to sign up to the proposals under which he would hand power to the vice president within 30 days in exchange for a promise of immunity from prosecution.

Read the full article here.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I woke up at 8 am despite of sleeping at 2: 30 am. I was psyched and nervous at the same time. I was excited to meet new acquaintances and just be in the campus and explore…

Most of my summer clothes are just too casual so I had to trespass through my mom’s closet and found this white top (i just love how lose and light it is, comfortable, not too casual and still very summery…) Thanks Ma!

a bit anxious XD

waiting for my ride outside… (seconds after I went out, u dont wanna see me minutes after, the heat was killin me!) 

I was hiding under the shadow for about 10 minutes -______-

I called for karwa the night before for 3 pm and it was 10 minutes late…one of those moments when I really wish I have my own car… It was dreadfully hot and you know how I hate going out in a summer noon…

while walking towards CMUQ bldg, my thoughts were mixed, I think I left my brains on my bed… my heart was beating a bit faster…because of the heat, ha! -_____-

I swear this building is HUGE! I think it’s the best in QF.

Excellence At Carnegie Mellon (it’s website)

interiors will make you go WOW. (but of course I’ve been here a lot of times in the past year so I got over it… oh okay, a bit, i’m still not sure if it really is a university or a multi-star hotel… lol. exaggerated…)

I can pronounce their names but I cant write them XD, both are also gonna be in Business Administration (Tepper School of Business0

The Orientation leaders guided us in accomplishing everything we had to do that day. From the very start, even in introducing ourselves to the other incoming freshman students, to writing and signing documents, id shoots, in taking the placement test and until socializing while having a light dinner in the game room… 

system failed which caused the delay. 

my cmuq account: mdinglas@qatar.cmu.edu 

this room is incredible! it has everything essential in it plus the super comfy chairs, i almost fell asleep…

i.d shoot :)

i was excited for this one but they told me i will get it in August XD

Noshin and Chaturika

after taking our English placement test

Bilal, orientation leader, current student

we’re off to the game room for dinner XD

Bilal, Noshin, Moon and Chaturika

me and Noshin

home sweet home XD

There was a delay. Supposedly, it was from 4 to 8 pm but it ended at 9 pm. 

Despite of the unexpected delay, i think the students who handled the orientation did a good job. They were all very friendly and warm. It was kinda awkward to smile back at them because I didn’t know their names but I do think they are very personable. It was nice meeting everyone! I am looking forward for the actual orientation in August!

Me: I'm from Qatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment